Sunday, September 1, 2013

Back to School Card

I decided on signing up for a card swap, mainly as an inspirational, motivational opportunity. The only problem was coming up with a design when you don't have all the elements you need.
The theme for this card was Back-to-School and I did not have much to work with. I started with a regular white card base pre-made 4.25 by 5.5 which I bought at Michaels. That was the easy part.
I am a big fan of BoBunny paper. There are a few new paper pads that are on my list to buy for my Halloween cards this year. I had the Surprise paper pad 6X6 in my stash. It is so cute and the ABC was perfect for what I wanted.
Next I used a stamp from C.C. Designs called Bauregard's Pencil. He is such a cute character and I have never had an opportunity to use him before. Bauregard is colored in Copic Markers and I really happy how well he turned out. I still need to work on the skin technique a little more but I think the hair is coming out very well. I love Copic Markers. His shorts and shirt is done in colors to match the paper.
I used the Stampin' Up Label Bracket punch for the sentiment which is from the Gina Designs stamp set called Country Roads.
I am very happy with how well the card turned out considering I had no Back-to-School stamps or sentiments to use for this theme. Sorry I didn't take pictures at each step but I will work on that for the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment