Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Copic Certified

     Since discovering Copics last year I have been looking for anything and everything I could find to develop my skills. YouTube is an excellent source of information but I have always preferred the hands-on classroom instruction, especially for getting ideas and one-on-one feedback on how I was doing.
     Imagine my delight when I discovered Copic Marker held certifications. The cost was a consideration, but what really help me decide to take the classes was that with the certifications I could teach others on how to use Copics. How awesome is that!
     After what seem like an eternity of patiently waiting, I signed up to attend the Standard and Intermediate Certifications with Sherrie Siemens as our instructor. The classes were held this past weekend in Tempe, AZ. Yes, it was a 3 hour drive (left my house at 5am) but it was worth the wait and the nail biting that I did to get through Phoenix morning traffic.
     The Standard Certification was held on the 1st. I was early as usual and sat up front so I would not miss anything. As the time grew closer, others started to arrive. Each was excited as I. The room was filled to capacity with other people who had a passion for coloring. The whole day was a lot of fun. (photos of work to be posted later). I would recommend this class to anyone interested in learning more about Copics. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the details and the materials.
     The Intermediate Certification was held the next day. The class was smaller group in attendance but there was no less enthusiasm for all involved. My only complaint would have been not being able to color all night with my new friends. HMMMmm maybe that would be an idea that they might consider in the future....a pajama party with the goal of having fun and coloring all night.
I will be posting some of the projects we worked on but none of the class material since it is copyrighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment