Friday, January 8, 2016

A Paper Dilemma

To Hoard or not to Hoard....that is the question. Has anyone else have this dilemma?
Some papers are SO beautiful it is hard to work with them. That was my major problem with papers like Graphic 45.
I use to HATE Graphic 45. YES, I know, I know.....now before all of you papercrafters out there start a riot and send me horrible hate mail, please let me explain. I LOVE Graphic 45 paper but it confused me. The beautiful images, graphics and vivid colors were amazing but I did not understand what to do with them. I was use to the 'simpler' paper pad designs that I used to create my greeting cards. When I started to look at some of projects done with Graphic 45, I was shocked. "WHAT!! you want me to CUT this beautiful paper into pieces!"
The ramifications were horrifying. I was already having issues working with the beautiful designer paper collections I had in my stash. Every time I would look at all of that paper, I would be upset because I had so much but depressed because I really 'shouldn't' buy more but wanted to and cried because I didn't want to 'ruin' the paper I had by using it. It was a vicious cycle.
Fortunately, I realized that the true purpose of paper was to cut it. To use it with all of the other elements in my supplies to create and bring ideas to fruition. This has created a whole new way of looking at this paper line and others and what they can do for my creations. It has 'broken' through my creative block I have had for some time now. Talk about an explosion of possibilities!
It is SO exciting! I have had to redesign my craft room so I am taking this opportunity to 'purge' the useless or unneeded supplies I have accumulated. Yes, I am even going through my paper stash, books and magazine collections. Things are a little bit of a mess but it is progressing along nicely and I love how my new crafting area is looking. I will keep you posted on that in the future. Time to get started.
That being said, the new Graphic 45 collections coming out in February are amazing! Be sure to check them out at your favorite local scrapbooking store or online website. Yes, I already have mine on preorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment